Monday, January 10, 2005

Caddy and Umbrella girl


Caddy and Umbrella girl
Originally uploaded by Greg Clark.
Being an avid golfer in the US I have never played where someone else carried my clubs or catered to me while I was on the course. But low and behold at every course here a caddy is a requirement. And because of the temperatures in the country a umbrella girl is a good idea. Meet Fernando and April. They are the people that help me navigate one of my favorite courses in Manila, Villamour GC. This is a course that is located on a Philippine air base and is open to the public. The sole reason for the umbrella girl to is to keep the sun off of you. Regardless of what time you tee off it is hot and humid, usually around 85 to 90 degrees with 65 to 80 percent humidity, more so as it gets to be around 10AM until dark. So if you want to experience the feeling of being on tour and having someone give you the yardage, knows every break in the greens as well as speed then you should make a trip here.

No comments: